Mantua to Venice by Bike and Boat
Cycling Holiday Italy
The bike and boat tour from Mantua to Venice is a unique way to explore the stunning landscapes, historical sites, and authentic culture of Northern Italy. The tour typically takes 8 days, with daily cycling trips and overnight stays on a comfortable boat.
- This event has passed.
04/08 – 04/15/2023 • Mantua to Venice
Bike and Boat from Mantua to Venice • Bike Tours Italy
The bike and boat tour from Mantua to Venice is a wonderful way to explore the beautiful landscapes, charming towns, and rich cultural heritage of Northern Italy. The tour typically takes 8 days, with daily cycling trips and overnight stays on a comfortable boat.
The tour starts in Mantua, a small town surrounded by three lakes and known for its impressive palaces, churches, and museums. You’ll have time to explore the historic center, including the stunning Ducal Palace, the Renaissance Cathedral of Saint Peter, and the Gonzaga Museum, which houses an impressive collection of art and artifacts.
From Mantua, you’ll cycle through the Padana Plain, a fertile plain that stretches between the Alps and the Apennines, and is known for its picturesque countryside, rich agriculture, and historic towns. You’ll visit the charming villages of Governolo, Ostiglia, and Bergantino, each with its unique history, architecture, and local cuisine.
The tour continues to Ferrara, a splendid Renaissance city with a well-preserved historic center, impressive palaces, and a lively cultural scene. You’ll have time to visit the imposing Este Castle, the Cathedral of San Giorgio, and the National Archaeological Museum, among other highlights.
From Ferrara, you’ll cycle to Adria, a small town on the banks of the Po River, which was an important Roman port and is now known for its natural beauty, historic sites, and excellent seafood. You’ll also visit the charming town of Chioggia, a picturesque fishing village with a colorful market and a lively atmosphere.
The final destination is Venice, one of the world’s most iconic and romantic cities, with its canals, palaces, and landmarks. You’ll have time to explore the historic center, including the Piazza San Marco, the Doge’s Palace, and the Rialto Bridge, among other highlights.
Throughout the tour, you’ll have the opportunity to taste the local cuisine, which is famous for its variety, quality, and freshness. You’ll savor fresh seafood, homemade pasta, grilled meats, and delicious desserts, paired with excellent wines and spirits.
The Mantua to Venice bike and boat tour is suitable for all levels of cyclists, as the daily routes are mostly flat and easy to ride. You rent a bike from the tour operator, which provides all necessary equipment, such as helmets, locks, and repair kits.
The Mantua to Venice bike and boat tour is a fantastic way to explore the beauty and diversity of Northern Italy while enjoying a comfortable and relaxing vacation. It’s an ideal choice for couples, families, and groups who love cycling, culture, and nature.
Bike and Boat • Departure from Mantua • Dates and Prices 2023
When you send us the booking request we will check the availability and make you an individual offer with the exact price.
Prices per person in a two-bed cabin for 7 nights for the tour from Venice to Mantua. Click on the date to find the indicated prices for the holiday trip.
Total length in 7 days: 190/205 km
Total gradient: 20 m
Terrain: 95% paved paths and small roads, 5% unpaved ground
The bike tour leads mainly along the rivers and canals of the Po Plain
The daily stages are from 25 to 55 km long
The ship is anchored at night
In order to shorten stages and enjoy the cruise, some sections are covered by the ship
Services and Prices of the Bike and Boat Tour Italy
Below you will find the included services and an idea of the price.
- The indicated price is per adult in a two-bed cabin for 7 nights in half board and lunch package.
- The price depends on the season and the ship.
- City tours and tastings are included in the price.
- Please ask for discounts for children or a third person per cabin.
- 7 overnights /Breakfast
- Self-made packed lunch
- 6 dinners
- Welcome drink
- Coffee and tea and other hot drinks on board
- Sheets and towels
- Courtesy kit
- Mid-week cabin cleaning service and towel change
- Bike helmet (to book in advance)
- App including maps, roadbook, points of interest and GPS tracks
- Digital tour information
- English-speaking tour leader within an international group
- Second tour leader with a minimum of 22 people (only aboard Ave Maria)
- Guided visit in Mantua
- Visit of a cheese factory with a tasting of typical Grana Padano
- Visit of Carousel and Street Entertainment Museum
- Visit of a historic glass factory on Murano island
- Some short walking tours
- Harbour charges
- Bus transfer Ferrara-Zelo / Ferrara-Adria
- 1 dinner in Venice
- Beverages on board
- Museums, fees and extras in general
- Ticket for public transportation in Venice and the lagoon (we suggest the ACTV 48h-ticket, 35 €)
- Venice Municipality Access Fee: it is expected to enter into force on January 1st,
- 2023 (approx. 18-30 € to be paid on site)
- Everything not mentioned in the section “Included”
Supplements per person
- 300/350 € single cabin
- 200 € superior cabin
- 50 € special diet (gluten-free, lactose-free and vegan diets)
Rental bikes including insurance against theft and damage:
- 100 € Touring bike
- 250 € E-bike | limited availability
- Insurance against theft and damage is included.
- Own bicycles are not allowed on board.
The reduction for the 3rd/4th child in the cabin:
- 100% 0-2 years
- 50% 3-6 years
- 30% 7-10 years
Connection Program in Italy
- Transfer back to the starting point
- Extra nights in Mantua, Venice or any other Italian city with cultural highlights
- Please indicate with your booking request eventually extras or reductions